Jared and I have written a new blurb for Bolted! which is intended for a major email promotion next week. What do you think?
A stunning climax to your card routines
Imagine… within seconds of your spectator signing a playing card or business card, you remove a card box from your inside jacket pocket, and from that box you produce the same signed card securely locked and bolted between two clear acrylic blocks.
Now that’s impossible!
The effect of having a spectator’s signed card appear in some impossible location is a classic in commercial walk-round and close-up magic. It’s easy to follow and memorable. With Bolted!, Jared Manley takes the basic effect to a whole new level. Consider this:
- It is surprisingly easy to do. Jared’s own routine does not require palming.
- The presentation is logical, and at the climax the spectator has a card with your name on it. (Compare that with the standard card to wallet where the spectator ends up with a card with his name on it; he’ll remember the trick, but will he remember your name?)
- Can be performed with business cards, giving a legitimate reason for a spectator to receive your card. Ideal for exhibitions and promotions where you retain the spectator’s card and he or she gets your or your company’s business card.
- The acrylic blocks with the signed card securely bolted between them can be freely handled by the spectator.
- The precision engineered prop has been developed through hundreds of performances for ease of use. Resets in seconds.
- Not just for magicians. Bolted! makes a great final reveal of an apparently totally tamper-proof prediction.
We’ve re-shot a performance too:
You explain that sometimes signed playing cards can be extremely valuable, especially if the person who signed it is a celebrity… maybe just like the spectator!
You ask the spectator to select any playing card, sign it clearly and keep it secure between their hands, as this maybe the safest place for it to be at the moment.
You then sign your own playing card and explain that the safest place to keep it could be in your pocket. Another safe place could be in a card box (which you immediately produce from your pocket)… but sometimes that’s just not safe enough.
The spectator now finds that they are now holding your signed card! You now open the card box and slowly pull out their signed card, securely bolted between two clear acrylic blocks.
After they’ve examined the Bolted! signed card you take it back, explaining that you want to keep it safe for when its worth thousands in the future. They can keep your signed card; perhaps it will be worth just as much one day!
This highly precision engineered effect is packaged in a elegant box and comes with an instructional DVD and black storage pouch for the Bolted! unit to be kept in between performances.